Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Contest to win a Tia Penya Tree

Our friend Joe AKA JMF75 has generously donated ta Tia Penya for us Fig Fanatics to have some fun with. And what a fine specimen it is.

[Image: t1.jpg][Image: t2.jpg][Image: t3.jpg]

We’ve decided to have another member drive contest…. But this time we’re going to things a but differently so everyone has a chance to win. Here’s how it’s going to work:

The games will begin at 11:00 AM EST on Tuesday October 15 and will end at 11:00 AM EST on Tuesday, October 22

Here’s how it works…..

Any Fig Fanatic member can enter…. (unless you’re a mod or admin…. Sorry guys).

[Image: 0001.jpg]

Once there you’ll see a unique referral link. It’ll look like this.

[Image: 0002.jpg]

Copy the link and share it …. Across your social media platforms… at the water cooler at work…. Take out an ad in your local paper… Use your imagination… .. 

Every time a person registers using this link the referring member will have the number of referred members logged on their account.

[Image: 0003.png]

The new registrant you refer will need to make at least one post for it to qualify for a contest entry.

Here’s the twist…. For each qualified referral, one ballot will go into a virtual hat. On closing of the contest, a name will be drawn at random. The more referrals the better your chances… but anyone can win.

To ensure the draw is fair, we’ll be using Raffly’s online draw tool, HERE. The ballots will be listed as follows based on their number of qualified referrals

Joe 1
Joe 2
Joe 3
Jane 1
Jane 2
Jane 3
Jane 4
Mike 1
Mike 2
Mike 3
Mike 4
Mike 5
Kevin 1
Eric 1
Eric 2
Erin 1

On closing of the contest the winner will be announced and they will receive the tree with all shipping included.

*Anyone can enter but the tree can only be shipped within the continental USA excluding California.... If you're in an excluded area, feel free to participate and have the tree shipped to a friend as a gift.... a really nice gift!

*Please note - After closing, the winner will receive a PM and will have one week to make contact with any of the moderators to provide their shipping information to claim their prize.

Good luck everyone….. and have fun!

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
[+] 5 users Like TorontoJoe's post
Comment

That’s very generous of Joe.
[+] 4 users Like Figology's post
Comment

I don't even have this one yet. I'm going to be jealous of whoever gets this one!  Big Grin
1 Comments
Figology
I have it but it’s a fraction of that size. Supposed to be a very top-tier fig.
[+] 1 user Likes Figology's post

Comment

I'm considering the next contest perhaps should be something to encourage the use of something other than the default system avatar picture Wink
4 Comments
ktrain
LOL Big Grin
Figology
The old TJ used to just give people their avatar.
TorontoJoe
Challenge accepted! I want some time to think about this one.  Big Grin
GoodFriendMike
@Figology I am sure he can make that happen. But. Is that what you want???
[+] 1 user Likes GoodFriendMike's post

[+] 2 users Like TorontoJoe's post
Comment

@JMF75 . Thank you Joe for your incredible generosity. Such a beautiful fig tree, and such a wonderful gesture.

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
[+] 2 users Like Figless's post
Comment

@Figology has dealt me quite the challenge... I don't know enough about him to make it personal so I really need to noodle around to get this right...  This means toying with all manner of ideas... I'm going to take this slow... it needs to feel, right Smile

[Image: 01avatar.png]
3 Comments
Figology
I wear glasses, scrubs, and have a mini beard.
[+] 2 users Like Figology's post
TorontoJoe
I think I need to increase the avatar max pixels
Figology
Thanks for giving us a new platform with near unlimited possibilities. I don’t feel like this site is competition to others, but others see us as competition. And thank you for being the first fig forum, from what I’ve seen, to have actively had the members design the layout and the functions to what has historically worked the best. You could have easily designed everything exactly how you wanted it but had the community at heart the whole time.

Looks like flies as the electrons

[+] 1 user Likes TorontoJoe's post
Comment

A friend gave me the heads up on the tragedy this contest is having at another forum. Some people feel "harassed" that they are being recruited to join this forum by private message. It may be an unwanted, solicited message, but harassment is probably the wrong word to use by definition.

IMO, there are other great forums with plenty of information and good members, I recommend anyone competing in this contest to not do it through other forums or by private messaging.
Comment

Thanks for bringing that my attention.  I don't know what's going on anywhere else. I try to keep focused on this forum. There are lots of FB groups  and people discussing figs in other places. I don't feel this forum is in competition with any of them, nor would I ever encourage anyone to leave somewhere to join here. That's silly.

It's not my place to tell anyone what to say or do... only that I'm proud of this place. Please don't feel the need to share the word about this contest behind closed doors. We're just having a little fun and there's nothing to hide.

Do I want this forum to grow? Of course. Do I want the fig hobby to keep increasing in popularity? Absolutely. Do I wish other fig enthusiasts.... wherever they may be, every success in whatever they do. Totally!
1 Comments
GoodFriendMike
To add to what Joe just said. If you already asked someone to join and they have not. Don't ask them again. They might feel as @Figology said harassed or feel like you are trying to force them to join. We want members to be here because they want to be here. Lets keep this forum and this contest positive. It is meant as a fun way to grow the forum and give back at the same time. Smile
[+] 3 users Like GoodFriendMike's post

Comment

That's out of the way.... back to more important business... What do you think of @Figology 's new look? Perhaps I need to bump the resolution a bit  Big Grin
4 Comments
ktrain
Love it lol Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ktrain's post
GoodFriendMike
I like it.
[+] 1 user Likes GoodFriendMike's post
Figology
Those electrons really bring out the Blast in Blastophaga psenes.
TorontoJoe
Figonium atom...  Rolleyes

Comment

The contest for the Tia Penya is officially open. Let the games begin!

Have fun everyone!

Comment