Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

@TorontoJoe @2Angels @Figology . I was trying to joke a little about abbreviating, 
Hative D'argenteiul. I did not realize this delicious fig has over a hundred years in the United States. Thank you so much for the back story, I always appreciate backstories. @TorontoJoe  @2Angels So sorry you both lost this wonderful variety to the winter. I certainly hope it doesn't happen again..Delicious looking fit thank you so much for sharing it with us. 

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
Comment

I had no idea it's been here that long....

Thank you for letting us know... it's a very good fig at  my first glance... I hope it begins to ripen earlier to be better here... great taste... not so many figs yet.... fingers crossed.

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
Comment

@Figless , I will be giving away cuttings from my mother tree this year. I will be asking for the cost of shipping this year cuz I've had a lean year. But the cuttings I give will be very strong and healthy.
     Maybe the vigorous root growth the cutting this tree came from exhibited will pass on to her cuttings. I plan to give several to each individual so they have a better chance of success, and can choose the strongest most healthy tree/trees to keep, and do whatever they want with the rest. 
    Won't be long now, cool weather is rolling in. Still getting the odd fig from this tree though. That may not be normal , I don't know. This is its first year in ground. Message me if you like.

North Central Alabama zone 8a
[+] 2 users Like Southeast Figs's post
Comment

Lives up to the hype?

The ones I had were gourmet sweet and tart desserts. I can't wait to have them again.
[+] 1 user Likes ZomVee's post
Comment

@ZomVee 

I think it lives up to the hype for flavour for sure... I like that it has more going on than just being a sugar bomb. I'm just hoping it gets a bit more productive here. Especially here, some figs need more patience.

[+] 1 user Likes TorontoJoe's post
Comment

Speaking of hype, out of all the figs I have tried that were "hyped"....HdA IS all it is said to be.
Makes you wonder if it is the same in different regions.

Kevin, 8a North Georgia    Cheers!
Current beer selection, Hoegaarden, The original Belgian Wheat. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes ktrain's post
Comment

My is 4' tall and doing well, and I think it is about 2yrs old. It has been a slow grower for me, but I may need to give it more fertilizer in the Spring or put it in the ground. I'm looking forward to getting fruit from it.
[+] 1 user Likes Drew351's post
Comment

I’ve found it slow as well. That said, some of my best took an unusually long time to really hit their stride. U. Prosciutto comes to mind. Siblawi for sure. One other wild find that I’ve been working on for years that’s really unique

[+] 1 user Likes TorontoJoe's post
Comment

I am very interested in learning more about this variety. It was recommended to me by another grower in the forum. I happened to acquire 2 cuttings late spring. One survived. I will be bringing it inside the garage for the winter once the temps begin to consistently lean toward frost here.  I can't wait for it to grow out. I would love to know how it performs fin-ground from others who are growing it in 8b.
[+] 1 user Likes Tridrama's post
Comment

I really loved that fig. I have managed to lose two of them so far. I was hoping to put HdA in the ground this past spring, but it just up and died for no discernable reason. So I will be searching for cuttings this winter for yet the 3rd time. lol. The fruit we had on our first tree was fantastic, especially for an early fig. It's a winner in my books and I will get one planted eventually.

Angel #1 Chattanooga, TN Zone 8-A
Join my "Figs" email list
Save The Date: 6th Southeast Fig Frolic Sept. 13, 2025
Comment