Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Winter reprieve?

Well, it got cold, but never quite frosted here. My son lives a mile away and they had frost 3 nights strait. And now the weather forecast is that it will warm up for the next 8-10 days. Hopefully that it right. So the tender young, small fig tress are back outside and we may get a half a dozen more figs. They are kind of bonus figs at this point.
[Image: Figs-10192024-1.jpg]

[Image: Figs-10192024-2.jpg]

[Image: Figs-10192024-3.jpg]
2 Comments
Figology

I hope I can say my son lives a mile away when he grows up. I live 15 miles from my parent’s house and see them only a couple times per month.
[+] 1 user Likes Figology's post
RandyK
@Figology 

It is definitely a blessing.  He is talking about moving to a new place...possibly about 20 miles away, so I will enjoy this while I can.  As you mention, it is not a great distance, but I'm sure I would not see him near as much as I get to now.
[+] 1 user Likes RandyK's post

East Tennessee, 7a
[+] 5 users Like RandyK's post
Comment

I have a few I hope will ripen, but my hopes are not high...lol

Kevin, 8a North Georgia    Cheers!
Current beer selection, Hoegaarden, The original Belgian Wheat. Smile
[+] 2 users Like ktrain's post
Comment

Had a Zaffiro this afternoon and it was tasty. Not over until the Frost Lady sings lol 😆
[+] 4 users Like JMF75's post
Comment

I hope you get more RandyK! We haven't had a frost here yet, but it got close. After the polar vortex in January killed most of my trees to the ground, they got a late start this year. I sure would like a little more time....  I have some in pots with figs yet to ripen. I think I'm going to set up a little greenhouse and select a few to go inside to extend their season and try to ripen some.

Angel #1 Chattanooga, TN Zone 8-A
Join my "Figs" email list
Save The Date: 6th Southeast Fig Frolic Sept. 13, 2025
[+] 1 user Likes 2Angels's post
Comment