Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

La Bourgeoise 9-24

La Bourgeoise did well for me this year.  It took a year off last year, but has made some of the prettier figs in the past few weeks for me.  It has a taste that is on the lighter end, but in a good way.  Very good fig, and I love the coloration it seems to get.... not striped, but kind of looks that way a bit as it ripens.

[Image: R6KQ2004.jpg][Image: R6KQ2107.jpg][Image: R6KQ2006.jpg][Image: R6KQ2019.jpg][Image: R6KQ2121.jpg][Image: R6KQ1847.jpg]
4 Comments
Figless
@ChesapeakeFigs. Wow what a beautiful looking fig. Delicious looking, and a photogenic tasty treat for my eyes. Clearly it tasted even better than it looked congratulations for growing such a perfect late season La Bourgeoise fig fruit. LOL now I want to try to propagate one too.
JMF75
Nice looking fig Kevin. This variety does not get enough recognition. It's a bit on the late side but I think with a mature tree it's doable.
[+] 1 user Likes JMF75's post
Figology
Great pics. What kind of camera do you use?
[+] 1 user Likes Figology's post
ChesapeakeFigs
Thanks @JMF75  I didn't give it a head start or anything and have it in like maybe 2 hours of sun a day over here, and it still ripened Mid to late Sept, which works for me.

@Figology  usually its a Canon R6 markii with a 100mm macro for my fig stuff

-Kevin - Zone 7b Chesapeake City, Maryland
-  Chesapeakefigs.com  -
[+] 7 users Like ChesapeakeFigs's post
Comment

Great looking fig. 

How much later is this compared to Etna and Adriatic types for you?
1 Comments
ChesapeakeFigs
About a month after most of my Etnas start, and a little after strawberry verte, a week or so before my inground Proscuitto unk

South Jersey - USDA Zone 7b
[+] 1 user Likes bushdoctor82's post
Comment