Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paratjal Rimada Fig tasting review.

Paratjal Rimada Fig tasting review. I might have picked this fig a day early, but I was anxious to post my review before the squirrel posted his.

The PR looked beautiful, and it tasted delicious. It was juicy, jammy, sweet. With notes of Apple, and strawberry, it had a mildly Tangy skin which complimented it's Pulpy interior. I thought it was a good sized first year fig, 41 grams. My grandson thought he tasted some honey flavor, but I would not Define this as a honey fig. It had a mild seed crunch.
[Image: 20241018-163703.jpg]
[Image: 20241018-163747.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-163846.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-164025.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-200422.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-200501.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-200621.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-200811.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-200851.jpg]

[Image: 20241018-200907.jpg]

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
[+] 3 users Like Figless's post
Comment

I gave mine away, not really having much luck here with striped figs.
But that one looks mighty fine.
I will just have to live vicariously through other that grow them. lol

Kevin, 8a North Georgia    Cheers!
Current beer selection, Hoegaarden, The original Belgian Wheat. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes ktrain's post
Comment

Nice looking fig and I like your description. That open eye would require an organza bag here lol 😆
Comment

This is one I've always admired from afar. Anyone in the north east having good experience with this one... Or am I going to need to extend my fig-tax to Berkley? Smile

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
Comment

that is one nice looking fig!  I've never seen one of these, much less tasted one.  The dripping honey has me salivating.  Thanks for posting this - a good view of why we are submersed in this hobby - for the figs!

Orinda, CA zone 9b
[+] 3 users Like richbbfigs's post
Comment

Nice review. Based on the pictures, I believe you may have picked that fig a day or two late. It usually has a red interior that matches that drop of honey.
Comment

@Figology . Thank you so much for that observation. I have at least six more figs growing on two different trees. So I get another chance to pick it at the right time. I cannot imagine how wonderful it would have been to bite into a bright purple Scarlet, and pulpy treat like that. The flavors I'm sure would have been even sweeter, and more complex. 

BTW. These cuttings were a gift from the incredibly generous Venturabananas. At just one CRFG event he created my home Orchard out of thin air.

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
[+] 1 user Likes Figless's post
Comment

This is a good fig when I can get one to ripen without splitting. It does not seem to like the southeast.

Collector and Grower of Caprifig's
Comment