Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preparing for winterization.

Two years ago, if anyone had told me I will be driving around our subdivision and picking up every leaf bag out there… I would have responded with something nasty 😷 
Between the shed in the backyard and here inside the garage, I stored about 50 bags. I can use another 30 bags, or so.
I stack them real tight, up to 6 or 7 feet high, all around the tree on top of the heat cables and fiberglass insulation, then wrap them all with felt paper, and heavy duty tarps.
[Image: IMG-1552.jpg]

MA, Z6b.
Headstart: Garage, Mid March, 10 T8 LED 12,000 Luminous, Dehumidifier.
[+] 5 users Like MFJFIGS's post
Comment

@MFJFIGS . Sounds like they'll be warm, and snug, like a pampered cat on a pillow by the heater. Still I come from Berkeley CA where we only had three nights at 32° last winter. People here thought it was the end of the world.

I couldn't help but smile envisioning you pulled over by a Boston cop, who's not into gardening. Trying very hard to explain why you're driving around town picking up bags of leaves from the neighborhood.

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
[+] 1 user Likes Figless's post
Comment

In another week I’ll be also be canvassing the neighborhood for leaves. 

Since our neighborhood only picks up piles and not containers/bags of leaves, I bring a beat up tarp with me and rake the piles onto tarp then drag home to shred.

South Jersey - USDA Zone 7b
[+] 1 user Likes bushdoctor82's post
Comment

I thought the same thing when I was driving around looking for seedlings.
[+] 1 user Likes Figology's post
Comment

I want to see a picture of the big cover up when it’s all done 🙂

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
[+] 1 user Likes TorontoJoe's post
Comment

I am surrounded by trees, bring a semi and I'll give you all the leaves you could ever want. lol
I'll include some pine straw in that too. Smile
Very curious how this does, so I'll be watching for updates.

Kevin, 8a North Georgia    Cheers!
Current beer selection, Hoegaarden, The original Belgian Wheat. Smile
[+] 3 users Like ktrain's post
Comment

Very dedicated 👌 My only concern is if the leaves get any moisture. Keep us posted 👍
[+] 2 users Like JMF75's post
Comment

your like macgyver! thats smart thinking, pls post a pic when your done

Zone 9b, Phoenix, AZ. 

Future Pomegranates: Haku Botan, California White, Sverkhranniy, Kaj-Acik Anor, Babylonian White, Parfianka.
Future Citrus: Cara Cara or Moro Orange
Future Figs: Wuhan, Syrian Dark, Gulbun, Malta purple, Red or Yellow Lebanese, St Rita, CLBC. 
Comment