1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup whole buttermilk, shaken well
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Prepare the Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease (with butter) and flour a 10-inch, 12-cup light-colored metal tube (angel food) pan. Sift together flour, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl.
Beat eggs in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed until mixture is thick and pale, 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add oil, beating until well combined. With mixer running on low speed, add flour mixture alternatively with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until just combined after each addition. Stir together water and baking soda in a small bowl until dissolved; add to batter with jam and vanilla. Beat on low speed until just combined. Gently fold in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread into even layer. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Invert and remove cake from pan to wire rack, and let cool completely, about 1 ½ hours.
Meanwhile, prepare the Glaze: Stir together sugar, cornstarch, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, cornstarch, and baking soda in a medium saucepan over medium; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and is light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, and let cool 30 minutes. Drizzle slightly warm glaze over cooled cake.

Source: https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/o...milk-glaze
7 Comments
Opiem10
I’m going to give this recipe a try. It sounds fantastic.
TorontoJoe
Sounds so good!
Figless
@TorontoJoe the private message problem has completely stopped me from proceeding. Might be be notification and private messages are all completely filled up I don't know how to delete them I don't know what to do. I wrote a beautiful message to @Lewi I poured my heart into it but I don't know if he'll even get it everything screwed up. How can I get a little more room in private messages I lost the whole day with this don't know what to do please please Joe how can I fix it I don't even know how to message you because my present messages are all filled I need help.
TorontoJoe
Let me look
MiaD
Saving this for when I have enough figs to make fig jam. Thanks for sharing.
[+] 2 users Like MiaD's post

Nina—25 miles south of Philly—zone 7B
[+] 1 user Likes 9ah-figlet's post
Comment