Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Captain Jack’s BFF Protection

Product: Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew Concentrate.

Method: I dip my finger in the undiluted product and apply a small amount to the ostioles of blueberry sized figs. I found that I could do 4-5 figs before my finger dried. Anyone could wear a glove or use a sponge for similar results.

Result:

The product creates a dark spot on the ostiole. The BFF appears to not like the damaged/dark ostioles. During frequent observations, I did not witness any oviposit attempts on the treated figs and I had no BFF damage on the treated figs. The untreated figs suffered an estimated 20% loss.

The Fig Wasp was still able to pollinate as normal. I might attempt to add a fungicide to the mixture to decrease any chances of endosepsis next year.
[Image: IMG-4231.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4228.jpg]

[Image: IMG-4227.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Figology's post
Comment

Good old Bonide...you could probably mix this at home! LOL

Kevin, 8a North Georgia    Cheers!
Current beer selection, Hoegaarden, The original Belgian Wheat. Smile
Comment

Figology when I first joined figfanatic, and I read in one of your threads that you were applying Captain dead bug in this fashion, and you were getting results that nobody else was. Just by doing this simple application I was utterly amazed. I've read everything that was written in BFF posts in the old house (OF). I thought you were a genius when I first read this simple technique. It's utterly amazing that you ever thought to do this simple application, but it's even more incredible that it actually works. We're extremely lucky to have you here at FF with us.

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
Comment