Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Fall Figs

The first fall front came through on Friday which dropped temps 20 degrees. We are suppose to be back in the low 80's in a couple of days. The temp fluctuations don't seem to brother the figs. I still get a dozen or more really tasty figs every day. Du Ponte, Black Socorro, Black Portuguese (BC), Cul Noir, Tenerife, Es Torrente, Rubado and some others are still putting out figs. 

[Image: Oct-2024-Haul-01x.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like RedRockFig's post
Comment

Those look tasty. I thought my season was done. But still have trees pushing out a few. Maybe they will ripen before first frost.

Collector and Grower of Caprifig's
[+] 2 users Like GoodFriendMike's post
Comment

I still have some Black Tuscan that are changing color, but small...some De la Gloria, but I think they may need help ripening.
A few HC that I found near the inside of the tree.
some NdE that again may need some help.

Other than that I think the rest are finished.

Kevin, 8a North Georgia    Cheers!
Current beer selection, Hoegaarden, The original Belgian Wheat. Smile
Comment

@RedRockFig . My O My that is a lot of daily production for this late in the year. I congratulate you for ripening so many photogenically Fantastic figs. Like Du Ponte, Black Socorro, Black Portuguese (BC), Cul Noir, Tenerife, Es Torrente, Rubado. It certainly seems like you have an extensive, and enviably sized collection. That plate looks like fig p*** to me LOL I wish I could help you eat it.

BTW if you have an inclination to share with us how big is that collection of yours? Very impressive.

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
Comment

Almost the same situation here. I haven’t had a freeze yet, but it’s been down pretty close… But this weekend or the next few days are going to be so warm that I think we’re going to ripen some beautiful figs right in the end of October

No complaints

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
Comment