Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Autumn pictures.of my Orchards.

Autumn pictures taken yesterday, showing my Greenhouse. Also showing my pinched shaped 1st year fig trees.
[Image: 20240925-174017.jpg] [Image: 20240925-173612-1.jpg] [Image: 20240925-181122.jpg] [Image: 20240925-174203.jpg] [Image: 20240925-173515.jpg] [Image: 20241008-172427.jpg] [Image: 20240925-173515.jpg] [Image: 20240930-171643.jpg]

My fig trees...

Let's see if I could make a wish list testing testing
[+] 6 users Like Figless's post
Comment

Nice job with all the training. It takes a lot of work to get a straight trunk.
[+] 3 users Like Figology's post
Comment

that looks very nice! I love the organization and layout.  A labor of love for sure!
1 Comments
Figless
@navyscpo . Thank you for your kind words. Even though we both joined the very same week, please let me welcome you to Figfanatic.com. It was very nice of you to post a comment on the Autumn pictures of my home Orchard.
[+] 1 user Likes Figless's post
[+] 2 users Like navyscpo's post
Comment

Good job figless 💪🏽
Comment

Wow, a lot of figs… Are you going to keep them in pots when they grow bigger?

I had a few in ground trees that were looking pretty good, but my goats ran out of food and ate most of the leaves. So instead here is a pic of the goat that ate my trees:

[Image: IMG-7318.jpg]

Sacramento,CA (Zone 9b) | www.figlife.com
[+] 1 user Likes SubmarinePete's post
Comment

@SubmarinePete  I love your goat! What's its name?
Goats are my second favourite ruminant, after sheep. I'm hooked on Pecorino from Calabria.

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
Comment

@SubmarinePete 

Your goat does not even look like he feels even a tiny bit guilty about what he did!  Tongue

Cute though.

Kind of a late response, but WOW!  What a great layout.  Very impressive.  That is a lot of fig trees!
1 Comments
Figless
@SubmarinePete . My that goat sure does look pleased with himself. I guess the latex didn't bother him at all. LOL you're very popular here. It's always really nice to see you post something, especially on my thread 
Applause Wink  If you don't mind I'm going to send you a PM (private message)

On the subject of all those fig trees we're planning to keep them in pots for as long as we can. But sadly we're running out of room. The family owns 100 acres in Garberville. We still have a 2000 + sq ft Greenhouse on the property, and the whole fig collection May yet wind up there.

@RandyK LOL thank you for the kind words about my home fig Orchard. I really appreciate it.
[+] 1 user Likes Figless's post

East Tennessee, 7a
[+] 2 users Like RandyK's post
Comment

One of my farmers at the farmers market is a sheep farmer. He milks sheep and makes all sorts of artisan cheeses. He is the only licensed creamery in the state of Georgia (USA) making sheep's milk cheese. ...But he doesn't make Pecorino Romano. Ugh! He says he can't find the right recipe. Maybe one day... Sigh.

Your trees and your greenhouse are looking wonderful. You are doing such a good job with them. It is clear how much you care about them by how well you care for them.

Angel #1 Chattanooga, TN Zone 8-A
Join my "Figs" email list
Save The Date: 6th Southeast Fig Frolic Sept. 13, 2025
[+] 2 users Like 2Angels's post
Comment

that is a very nice looking orchard.  The tightly packed organization and beautiful overall color speaks of passion for figs combined with lots of hard work. Nice job!  I love the shape of your first year trees - they look like you are setting up for great success going forward.  I can imagine what fun you could have with either 200 acres or 2000 feet of greenhouse, but this looks like a spot that might be hard to leave also.   I think I have a problem with voles in my small orchard; I shudder to think of what a giant herbivore like a goat could do here in one day!

Orinda, CA zone 9b
Comment

@SubmarinePete  

I see your goat and raise you one sheep! I was out an orchard with my kid today. They had some sheep..... Smile

Nice animal!

[Image: 01sheep.jpg]
2 Comments
SubmarinePete
Her name is Annie, but I sold her shortly after I took this photo. Eating my fig trees crossed the line! 😆

@RandyK Definitely not—they do what they want

Nice! I just sold all my goats a few days ago. I plan to to get some sheep in about a year once I have things sorted out a bit more. Hoping to add pigs in the spring though.
[+] 2 users Like SubmarinePete's post
TorontoJoe
I have no time for anything that eats my figs either.... Angry

Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6
[+] 1 user Likes TorontoJoe's post
Comment