Fig Fanatic
A few first year figs - Printable Version

+- Fig Fanatic (http://figfanatic.com)
+-- Forum: Home (http://figfanatic.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Fig Talk (http://figfanatic.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: A few first year figs (/showthread.php?tid=188)

Pages: 1 2

A few first year figs - MiaD - 09-24-2024

Didn’t expect figs our first year, so I was pretty excited, did the photo shoot Big Grin
[Image: IMG-3217.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3218.jpg]

Edit to add the date: July 16

RE: A few first year figs - 9ah-figlet - 09-24-2024

They look beautiful—congratulations! How was the Zaffiro for you?

RE: A few first year figs - JMF75 - 09-24-2024

St. Rita looks real good. For first year trees that's pretty good.

RE: A few first year figs - MiaD - 09-24-2024

(09-24-2024, 12:46 PM)9ah-figlet Wrote:  They look beautiful—congratulations! How was the Zaffiro for you?

It’s my first year tasting figs, so not good at identifying flavors yet-not much to compare it to. I’d say creamy honey plus a little fruity, little seed crunch, consistency like a ripe persimmon. It’s the only honey fig we ripened this year, so no comparison yet, but was my husband’s favorite over the first year Berry figs, that was a surprise.
Edit to add: We ended up with two, and both have been putting out figs non-stop, and still going.

(09-24-2024, 02:11 PM)JMF75 Wrote:  St. Rita looks real good. For first year trees that's pretty good.

I really like it, it’s ripening its last couple of figs now. We got it because the Mrs. Flomaton Famous said it was a favorite.

RE: A few first year figs - JMF75 - 09-24-2024

(09-24-2024, 02:26 PM)MiaD Wrote:  
(09-24-2024, 12:46 PM)9ah-figlet Wrote:  They look beautiful—congratulations! How was the Zaffiro for you?

It’s my first year tasting figs, so not good at identifying flavors yet-not much to compare it to. I’d say creamy honey plus a little fruity, little seed crunch, consistency like a ripe persimmon. It’s the only honey fig we ripened this year, so no comparison yet, but was my husband’s favorite over the first year Berry figs, that was a surprise.
Edit to add: We ended up with two, and both have been putting out figs non-stop, and still going.

(09-24-2024, 02:11 PM)JMF75 Wrote:  St. Rita looks real good. For first year trees that's pretty good.

I really like it, it’s ripening its last couple of figs now. We got it because the Mrs. Flomaton Famous said it was a favorite.

Lol I watch them as well. Good people 👍

9ah-figlet - 9ah-figlet - 09-24-2024

(09-24-2024, 02:26 PM)MiaD Wrote:  

That’s a really good sign if Zaffiro tasted good in its first year. Some of my 2-yr honey-sugar figs can be bland, but counting on the flavor to intensify as the tree ages.

My St Rita rooted this season is going nuts with figlets too, but doubt they’ll ripen in time.

RE: A few first year figs - MiaD - 09-24-2024

I’m pretty excited about the honey figs, since most of our figs are berry. St Rita was thick and sticky, intense berry when slightly shriveled.

RE: A few first year figs - ktrain - 09-24-2024

Those are some great looking num nums Mia Smile
Zaffiro was really good it's first year, my wife and daughter both said it had peach hints but I didn't taste that.
Like you said, it was sort of fruity to me....but not a specific fruit.

All keepers here in the south.
Not sure where you're at, I'm darn near in Alabama..Cedartown to be exact. Smile

RE: A few first year figs - Figless - 09-25-2024

@MiaD congratulations on growing, and ripening such a wonderful batch of first year figs. The St Rita, and the Zaffiro we're both beautiful , and scrumptiously photogenic

RE: A few first year figs - MiaD - 09-25-2024

(09-24-2024, 08:26 PM)ktrain Wrote:  Those are some great looking num nums Mia Smile
Zaffiro was really good it's first year, my wife and daughter both said it had peach hints but I didn't taste that.
Like you said, it was sort of fruity to me....but not a specific fruit.

All keepers here in the south.
Not sure where you're at, I'm darn near in Alabama..Cedartown to be exact. Smile

And Zaffiro just won’t stop putting out figs!

I’m due East of you, almost to Augusta, in Evans, preparing for Helene’s winds and wetness… hoping it’s just hype😃